View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
If thee, thou or thine is used it is speaking to you as an individual.

If ye, or you it speaks to you as a group

i.e. John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. Thee is speaking to the Individual Nicodemus and the Ye is speaking to all Israel. some say Ye is speaking to all men.

But do a word search and you only find the words born again spoken of concerning Israel it is found only in the books of those who taught Israel the Gospel of Grace. Paul never taught that we were born again in any of his writings and the closest he would have come was Ga 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him [that was born] after the Spirit, even so [it is] now. we the body of Christ do become new creatures in Christ. And though we may have been born with a dead spirit we were brought to life by Christ's Blood and resurrected life, not by being born again. I am not making any kind of doctrine against using the term born again I only am pointing it out it was never used by Paul consernig the body of Christ

Get the booklet Bible companion by Chick Publication it has a simple explanation in it.
Like others here, I'm not sure what you're getting at.
It's very confusing to suggest that the term "born again" applies only to Israel and with all due respect, I consider that nonsense. The term "born again" applies to every person walking the earth today and most certainly to the body of Christ.

Jesus didn't say:
"Except a JEW be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

NO, Jesus said:
"Except a MAN be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

Furthermore, the context of Christ's comments in this same chapter on being "born again" are global in nature, not Israel-specific. Notice the terms in caps for emphasis:

15 That WHOSOEVER believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the WORLD, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the WORLD to condemn the WORLD; but that the WORLD through him might be saved.

Being BORN AGAIN is a requirement, (John 3:7) it's a flesh vs. Spirit issue (John 3:6) not a Hebrew restricted issue.

1 Peter 1:23
Being BORN AGAIN, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 John 5:1
Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is BORN OF GOD: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is BORN OF GOD overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.