View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 05:13 PM

I agree with you Rev 12:1 mentions the sun, moon, and stars, so this must be the second heaven or outer space.

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

So, perhaps when Satan spoke to God in Job, it was in outer space?? But still, it sounds like the 3rd heaven to me.

Job 2:7 So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown.

I don't know, I really don't picture God sitting in outer space. I know it is completely possible, but I picture God sitting on his throne in the third or highest heaven.

Now I am not questioning the term "fallen" in sense of being sinful, it is obvious Satan is sinful in Genesis chapter 3. No question there.

What I am questioning is his location. Where was Satan? The first heaven (atmosphere), second heaven (outer space), or the third heaven (where God resides)? This is what I mean by "fallen", not talking about sin or iniquity.

Now, if this is so, then isn't Isaiah chapter 14 future?

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

This would not seem to be when I believe Satan rebelled in the Garden of Eden, there really were no "nations" then. And "didst" is past-tense.

And which heaven is Satan falling from here? First Satan says he will exalt his throne above the stars (2nd heaven), then in vs. 14 above the heights of the clouds (1st heaven). It also mentions the mount of the congregation (3rd heaven).

And if Satan is not cast down to the Earth until Revelations 12, then isn't Isaiah 14 future? For it is here that it says he is "cut down to the ground".

And how can we say sin cannot enter heaven when the unjust will be judged before God?

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Here are sinners in heaven. It is after sinners are cast into the lake of fire that no more is sin allowed in heaven.

Last edited by Winman; 04-08-2009 at 05:36 PM.