View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Kiwi you were the one who said the Bible doesn't go further is describing certain things quote "There are some things in scripture that are not clearly defined".
That's right, it was in relation to what Bro. Winman said about "Occam's Razor." On the other hand, there are many things in scripture not clearly defined in one single verse, but clarity comes when you study the Bible and compare scripture with scripture, as you well know. Hence why I gave you more than just Ezekiel 28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
The seven lampstands or candlesticks were made the design of what is known as a Menorah(pron?). these were beaten gold which formed little tubes (pipes) that had branches (pipes with tees) and on them were six on each side and one in the center a bowl shaped like an almond (Tabret-small drum) it would be capped with a small cover with a wick. Oil was placed in the tubes and the wicks would siphon oil to light the lamp. if the oil ran out all wicks went out at the same time.
I saw that in Zechariah 4:2 when I searched for "pipes" in my Bible software. You say the centre bowl is shaped like a "tabret-small drum" yet I can't find where the Bible gives it that description using the word tabret? Every mention of tabret or tabrets I found in scripture is connected with music, same as every mention of the word viol or viols in scripture is connected with music, and we know that Lucifer made noise with his viols in Isaiah 14:11.

So I, and others here, are not just basing this belief on one verse that gives limited information, it's scripture with scripture.