View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 08:03 PM

Default Friends...Please help me.

My problem is with forgiveness... can God forgive me?

Brother Luke,

After I left the Catholic Church and the confessional I asked myself many a times The exact same Question, "Can God forgive me?" I was a very devout Catholic and only my Love for a God I knew as my maker kept me from "grevious" sin. I know that is a catholic definition for sin, but that is one baggage that keeps slipping out from the old days.

George was saved before we were married. My Catholic beliefs kept me from being saved for almost 4 years. After I was saved I was plagued by assurance of salvation.(Anothder drawback from Catholicism) I knew I had received my Lord not only as my maker but also as my Saviour I struggled with this problem of assurancce for many years. In 1975 I had emergency kidney surgery. I faced the fact that if anything went wrong I would not wake up from the table. Kidney surgery is the bloodiest surgery you can have (at least it was at that time).

I wanted very much to wake to my Beloved husband and five children and prayed for life after the operation. I prayed hard and long. The verses the Lord gave me was:

2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Absent from the body, present with the Lord. He would keep me either here on earth or in heaven. My Lord gave me assurance that no matter what the outcome, it would be alright. I have never doubted my salvation or the assurance of my salvation since that day. It took facing death for me to come to believe that God is able to keep me.

I could blame the Catholic Church for that, because it was thoroughly ingrained in me from my youth. But I take the blame upon myself. No one can get me lost,for I believe Christ died for all my sins and that He will continually be my Father and forgive me.

I sin, yes, but I have a very good example of God's love and forgiveness here beside me. If George is able to forgive me everyday for whatever fault or sin I do against him how much greater is Our Heavenly Father's love?

I have comitted my life, love,and body to George and he keeps me. I have found a new meaning to the word KEEP, if George is able to keep me for all these years, how much more Our Heavenly Father.

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Brother Luke, He not only forgives you, He keeps you.

In Christian Love,
Renee