View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 07:45 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Yes its a great verse, however I dont think it applies to the "Church" As In the Body of Christ but the "Church" as In the Elders of that time being spiritual leaders and teaching the family or gathering. This extended outside the family as fellowship of those that believed in God. These are my thoughts though and "when" the Church started is not a fundamental doctrine.
House of God

This phase is uses in 87 verses.

First used in;
And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven. Genesis 28:17

And used last in;
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 1 Peter 4:17

But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. 1 Timothy 3:15

Following the verse list on the house of God, and arriving to this verse would make me wonder if the church has always exist and in light of the methodology of how many rightly dividing the word of God, it would have implications on many of the accepted doctrine.

So has the church always existed or is it essentially new and in the dispensationalist church age view does this not have profound implication?