View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Regarding the sin of homosexuality: This sin is labeled as an "Abomination" in various places in the Bible, such as Lev. a8:22 and 1Kings 14:28. It is my understanding that an abomination is a sin which provokes God's anger and is in a different category from sins which do not automatically provoke God's anger. This understanding is different from many Christians, such as Billy Graham, who say that since all sin separates people from God there is no difference between an abomination and stealing a candy bar. It also seems to me that anything that is an "abomintaion" to God will be extremely repulsive to a believer, not an understandable sin such as when a person in need steals just barely what is needed.
I'll refrain from commenting on Billy, but I will say he's wrong. First of all, it is true that sin seperates us from God:

But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. (Isaiah 59:2 KJV)

But some Christians falsely claim that one sin is the same as the other, but they say this because they don't read the Bible and believe what is said therein.

For example, consider the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and try and tell me that one sin is the same as another:

Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin. (John 19:11 KJV)

The difficulty in dealing with queers is that they're reprobates.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; (Romans 1:28 KJV)

Now Noah Webster defines reprobate as:
Quote:
REPROBATE, a. L. reprobatus, reprobo, to disallow; re and probo, to prove.

1. Not enduring proof or trial; not of standard purity or fineness; disallowed; rejected.

Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the Lord hath rejected them. Jer. 6.

2. Abandoned in sin; lost to virtue or grace.

They profess that they know God, but in works deny him, being abominable and disobedient, and to every good work reprobate. Titus 1.

3. Abandoned to error, or in apostasy. 2Tim. 3.
Which to anyone who has witnessed to a faggot knows, these folks will deny God till they're blue in the face. Personally, I think that the average homo thinks that he can get away with their filthiness by burying their head in the sand to the truth of God's Words; as if not knowing what God has said will keep them from being accountable. This is also the reason why they get so violent when they are forced to hear the Word of God. You mark my words, these sodomites will get VERY nasty when they're confronted by God's Word. I've tried every tactic in dealing with them. I've tried to be super humble and meek as I present the truth to them, and I've tried the Edwards approach by preaching them as sinners in the hands of an angry God. Jude 1:23-24 just doesn't apply to these folks:

And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. (Jude 1:22-23 KJV)

I truly haven't a clue how to witness to a sodomite. I guess that's why in Israel they:

And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made. (1 Kings 15:12 KJV)

To me it seems like the only way to reach a sodomite is through prayer. God is the one that must work in their hearts. But I'll tell you one thing I'm conviced about, that is that straight talk is and should be the way we deal with these folks. I've read lots of internet testimonies of ex-homos that got saved because one brave soul told him/her the truth about their standing with God. I, personally, will not allow myself to be accused before God as one who didn't tell people the truth. I know what awaits these folks at the great white throne judgement. I would spare them. Truly, I would. *sigh*

Peace and Love,
Stephen