View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Vendetta Ride

I am something of a "political junkie;" before I came to Christ, I was obsessed with politics. Anyway, I think that I've read nearly every book published about George W. Bush, and they contain various and conflicting accounts of his "conversion." Supposedly, Billy Graham had a huge influence on him, but didn't actually lead him to Christ; and, in fact, Graham doesn't even remember the specifics of the event. The accounts are muddled and contradictory.

I won't make any comments on Bush's Presidency, because, as a newbie, I don't want to alienate anyone with a rant. But I'll say this much: if George W. Bush is a born-again, Bible-believing Christian, then so were Thomas Jefferson and Elvis Presley.

Ahhh, don't get me started....

By the way, here's a bit of trivia that really isn't so trivial: When foreign leaders have an "audience" with the Pope, and they do not represent Catholic countries, their wives (or the leaders themselves, if female) are supposed to wear black. Why? As a gesture of "mourning" that their countries are non-Catholic. And, if you look at the pictures, they all do it: Laura Bush wore black, Princess Diana and Margaret Thatcher wore black, Hillary wore black, Condoleeza Rice wore black. The only exception I've ever seen was Nancy Reagan: when she and her husband visited the Pope, she wore a bright red dress!

God bless her! She's probably not a Christian, but at least she wasn't a hypocrite!