View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 12:24 AM

From Jeff:
Quote:
Originally Posted by George
Did you read my words? "what I get out of your words". It's not "what you "get out of my words" - It's - what did I say? I never once said (or intimated) "that it's alright to criticize those who don't agree with you" No, not once! Please don't put words in my mouth.
Jeff's reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Yes I read your words, and your words betray you. That was my point. Much speaking doesn't change things. On your say so we're not supposed to give our views on Dr. Ruckman if they're not positive.

Using your arguments I can't form a view on Jeremiah Wright, or say anything against him. So much for free and open discussions if you have your say.
Let’s “carefully examine" what you have said:

Yes I read your words, and your words betray you.” (Could you please be more specific? It’s real easy to make accusations, but it’s much more difficult to spell them out and then back up what you say. HOW and in what way did my words "betray me”? Hmmm?)

"That was my point." ( Just exactly WHAT is your "point"? I have no idea what you are talking about - because {once again}, you are not being specific.)

"Much speaking doesn't change things." (How about making accusations doesn't make something true?) or "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" Galatians 4:16

"On your say so we're not supposed to give our views on Dr. Ruckman if they're not positive." (Once again - You are trying to put words in my mouth. Please quote what I said not, what you "think" I "mean". I have never said what what your are claiming I have said - you couldn't prove it if your life depended on it. Why are you and others so quick to condemn someone that you don't even know? Just exactly what is your problem? There are a lot more important subjects & issues on this Forum than "Barbecuing" Peter Ruckman!)

"Using your arguments I can't form a view on Jeremiah Wright, or say anything against him. So much for free and open discussions if you have your say." (Once more with feeling: WHAT arguments? Can't you ever be specific? Can't you see that you aren't thinking "critically" or logically? You can't just "throw out" words without having some context! What "arguments" have I ever made that would prevent you from forming judgments? You can think and believe whatever you want brother, but you keep missing my main point - and I'm beginning to feel like a broken record - Why are a few people on this Forum so adamant in their dislike of brother Ruckman that they never miss an opportunity to criticize him? Huh?)

2 Timothy 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

I'm done - for now.