View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 12:00 AM

[QUOTE=Renee;2845]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post

I read his words and I do not get the same "thoughts" as you. I think you have put words in his mouth. Judge righteous judgment. Judge a man by his fruits. By their fruits you shall know them. So I wish everybody would just stop having as Dr Ruckman puts it; 'roast Ruckman'.

Geore may be "quick to jump on those who dare to even question Dr. Ruckman". But he would be quick to defend any brother who is in need of defending (when he knows him well). Brother Ruckman is known by me to be doing the ministery God has given him. He has reached people (in his crude way) that perhaps could not be reached by anyone else.

Paul was crude of speech.

My grandson is on the phone! I have lost my train of thought.
I don't know Dr. Ruckman, except by reputation. I do believe that only the Lord knows if he has reached more than he has turned away. I still remember how the pentecostals defended Jim and Tammy Faye with the same vehemence people defend Ruckman with. Paul used strong words when neccessary, I don't believe he was unneccessarilly rude among believers, or nonbelievers for that matter. Nor can I find where he defends rude, hurtful behaviour. I believe Paul simply told the truth, and that by "crude, contemptable" he saying that he didn't use a lot of flowery, powerful speech. I suspect Paul wouldn't be the type of pastor with the mesmerizing speaking skills people are seeking today.

It is strange how people will "read" words as suits them. Just as I'm accused of being "like-minded" with who-knows-who by Browilder. Perhaps you can tell me what was the point of George's post. What was with the conjecture about Jerry and Brother Tim? He really wasn't criticizing them? It is plain to me that George is not so concerned with defending Dr. Ruckman as he is with trying to silence those who would point out that his behaviour may not be Christlike and may be damaging the cause. Of course he does this by criticizing them, or maybe he just uses innuendo so that he can later say in effect, "I didn't say that, didn't you read what I said?"

How is what Jerry said
Quote:
Um, how does that make his abusive remarks charitable - just because he said they were?
"dumping" on Dr. Ruckman. Is there any question that Dr. Ruckman has made uncalled for remarks? Is this any reason to come up with conjecture on Jerry's motives?

I don't know why I'm defending Jerry, or anyone else. But if Brother George has the right to defend Dr. Ruckman I believe I can defend the right of others on this forum to say what they believe.