View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Hello Jennifer, my sister in Christ,

Thank you so much for the book recommendations. I will look them up. I appreciate that you took the time to list them and the Scriptures.

I have to address one thing. You said that the rapture of the Church could happen at any moment and that there is nothing that needs to be done first. I believe that what has to be done is:

"And this gospel of the the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." (Matthew 24:14)

So the last of the believers has to be gathered like hens under the wings of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. The only way that the last of these can be gathered is if they HEAR the Word of God and BELIEVE.

Romans 10
13 - "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
14 - "How then shall they call on him in whom they have no believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"
15 - "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"
16 - "But they have not obeyed the gospel. For Esias saith, Lord who hath believed our report?"
17 - "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

So I think the preaching of the gospel EVERYWHERE has to come first. They have said for YEARS that that is close... I do not know. How do we evaluate that? GOD KNOWS!!!

Love in Christ,
Jassy
Jassy, my sister in Christ,
If you read any one of my numerous recommendations I would choose "Things that Differ" by C R Stam.

Quote:
I have to address one thing. You said that the rapture of the Church could happen at any moment and that there is nothing that needs to be done first. I believe that what has to be done is:

"And this gospel of the the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." (Matthew 24:14)
Can we agree to ask Brother George? We're keeping Brother George very busy these days!

Grace and Peace,

Jennifer