View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Mike View Post
That's a good place to start. Just sharing my experience with that Church directory. I live in Spokane and found 2 Churches to look at and I didn't feel at home at either one. I searched on my own and found a very loving and Biblically sound Church. An Independent Fundamental Baptist Church. They only use the KJB and follow Biblical principles fundamentally. I thought "why on earth were they not listed on the directory." and I found out later it was because my Pastor was divorced. While in some circumstances I can see why a Church should not be on the directory. Although my Pastors first wife abandoned him and their kids. He tried to get her to receive Christian counseling and she refused. She wanted to go to school and make a career for herself. While my Pastor is not perfect, he not only loves Jesus with a full heart, but is also God fearing and a wonderful example of a Godly man. He is now married to a wonderful women and as a team they have helped so many to make changes in order to become more like Christ. (including myself)

I don't want to turn this into a debate on whether or not Pastors can be divorced and still preach, I just think that a Biblically sound divorce should be considered. I agree a Pastor should be blameless and although not perfect, my Pastor was blameless in this divorce and because he was abandoned, he is no longer bound to the first marriage and is in fact the husband of one wife.

Quote:
1 Corinthians 7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.