Thread: Repentance
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
The self righteous believe Jesus Christ died for sinners, but since they think they aren't sinners, they think they don't need him. The sinners believe Jesus Christ died for sinners, and since they are one, they believe Jesus Christ died for them. The self righteous are not saved, the sinners that believe are.
Of course, this is where repentance comes in. In repenting we acknowledge our sinful life and turn from this way of life, a change of mind and turn instead to Jesus. We are no longer depending on ourselves, but now depend on Jesus. Again, I will say this doesn't mean that we no longer sin, although we now have a change of mind re: our sin. We still have flesh and the flesh struggles against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh.

Now how about Luke 13:5. Here is Luke 13:1-5

Quote:
Luke 13:1-5 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.