View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredoheaven View Post
Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Is there something especial with the scribes and Pharisees in Jesus day? But why John the Baptist called them the "generation of vipers" and even held a council against Christ. Any idea brethren?

Matthew 12:14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.
They were two-faced for one thing brother Fred. They hunted with God's hounds and ran with Satan's rabbits:

Eze 44:10 And the Levites that are gone away far from me, when Israel went astray, which went astray away from me after their idols; they shall even bear their iniquity.
11 Yet they shall be ministers in my sanctuary, having charge at the gates of the house, and ministering to the house: they shall slay the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people, and they shall stand before them to minister unto them.
12 Because they ministered unto them before their idols, and caused the house of Israel to fall into iniquity; therefore have I lifted up mine hand against them, saith the Lord GOD, and they shall bear their iniquity.

Mr 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Grace and peace

Tony