Thread: Worship Music.
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother-Smith View Post
Thanks Jassy,

I will check out your links as well. Thank you for sharing with me.

Your brother in Christ,

Me

P.S. I am waiting for those Chocolate chip cookies and milk.
I will take you up on the offer in the kitchen of the master Chef.
We can spend an afternoon talking and listening to music the way our creator intended it.

P.S.S. Flute huh? Cool! I was a double bassist in symphony orchestras all through my 20's. I saw the light, so to speak, and went into pop music again. Teaching is my primary focus but I play secular music. God is working on me and I am willing for him to show me what to do. I do pray the blockhead prayer about it. You know... "God? I am a blockhead... I know... make it real obvious for me, please? Thanks."
I do get a chance to share Christ with many people, on tour or in the nightclubs. It is tough sometimes though.
Brother-Smith, Let me know what you think of those websites. It helped me to see the truth about rock music and the connection with Satan that I believe that it has. My focus with the flute was mainly in classical music. I occasionally did some jazz and I also played solo for some wedding events.

Since I became a Christian AFTER becoming deaf, the only music I really remember being related to the Lord is the song "Amazing Grace." I've never really heard hymns. I grew up in the Catholic church and the Catholic church of the 60's and 70's was not exemplary regarding music in the church. I played briefly in a folk music group in the Catholic church, comprised of about 4 other members. We occasionally played music at services. I remember playing such secularly-popular, quasi-religious songs as "Michael rowed the boat ashore, hallelujah" - not quite a Gospel selection! If I could hear, now, I am certain that I would greatly love hearing the Psalms set to beautiful music - or other strongly doctrinal music.

I'll pray for the Lord to bring you into a right relationship with music, that will be in-line with His Word.

Sounds wonderful for the cookie chip cookies and milk, in our LORD's Heavenly kitchen, and a discussion of godly music!

Jassy