View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
Wow -- look at your steps of reasoning up there. You are saying you don't believe there is the living soul at conception because ("so...") someone might have to re-examine their use of certain types of birth control!?

In fact I totally agree -- people shouldn't use methods of birth control that can cause abortions! I'm not going to redefine an unborn child as an unborn "whatever" just because it might inconvenience someone!

You find me one instance of the word "conception" or "conceive" (any word form) in the Bible that indicates that the life is anything other than a person, and we'll have something to debate.

Look at this:
Genesis 21:2 For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.
The conception was a fulfillment of God's promise! (If not, why mention it?) They didn't wait around to see if the "ingredients" would become a fully-baked boy to see if God fulfilled his promise to Abraham! Can you just imagine Sarah and Abraham waiting around to see if her pregnancy would be successful before rejoicing in the coming of their new child?
I wish you had waited until I had finished completing my posts before commenting.

This is why I wrote...to be cont.

The debate is when does a person become a LIVING SOUL. Yes Sarah CONCEIVED but it wasn't until 9 months later that she gave Abraham a LIVING SOUL.

I don't understand your point about the rejoicing-what does that prove one way or another?

May I suggest that a woman who has been raped and ends up conceiving is most UNLIKELY to be rejoicing