View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
Excuse my obtuseness, but, would you be so kind as to explain what work each of the quotes represents? Little old silly me doesn't get it.

PS SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO ANSWER, I forgot to check "the box".
I recommended you start with Colossians 2:6-10 because it results in doing whatever good work Jesus Christ directs you to. Develop a passion for Christ not works. Long to love Christ not to do lists. Seek to know Christ not principles, plans, programs, or procedures.

The genuine Christian life is devotion to Christ which in turn results in fulfilling your duty. The genuine Christian life is a relationship with Christ which in turn results in fulfilling your responsibilities.

The branch that is abiding in the vine will bear fruit. It does not commit, strain, work at, try hard, or attend the latest and greatest plant growth seminar. It simply abides in the vine and bears fruit.

I don't know what work the Master Teacher is leading you to do. I'll let Him tell you. Be still, be small, and listen to His still, small voice. Be a Christian...know, love, and follow Christ! The Good Shepherd will guide you. I recommend you start with this passage, believe it, and come to the place of self-less humility and Christ centered faith that really "works"! It is basic doctrine...faith in Christ results in spontaneous Christ-like behavior. That is exactly what James taught. Genuine faith results in genuine works!

For my brief commentary on this passage go here:

http://av1611.com/forums/showthread....9347#post19347