Thread: KJB summit
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 09:23 AM

Default Re: "KJB summit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
The chief problem with trying to unite KJBOs and anti-KJBOs* in any form of fellowship is that neither side views the other as equals. Just as you, Just-A-Thought, and others can come to this site and then return to FFF and chortle among yourselves at the foolish ignorance of us KJBOs, we KJBOs can go to FFF and observe your commiserating.

* The term anti-KJBO, which title you claim, is by definition an adversarial position. I have those with whom I can have a level of fellowship who do not believe the KJB is the only Bible to use, yet they do not consider my position to be extreme. Instead, they see me as intense in my faith, and at a level that they themselves have not ventured. We can banter quite well about the subject, but there is a degree of respect. With the anti-KJBO, the whole agenda is to discredit the KJBOs position. I prefer to call you an adversary, for "enemy" is too stark a term, but we cannot find much room for fellowship since there is little on which to unite.
Aloha Brother Tim,

I am in complete agreement with you on this brother!

The are many Christians out there who do not believe, as I do, in the King James Bible as being the perfect, holy, infallible, inspired, and without error word of God; but with whom I can (and do ) have a certain amount of fellowship around our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. However, those "Christians" who take an ADVERSARIAL POSITION AGAINST the HOLY BIBLE are a "different matter" all together!

I refuse to have anything to do with any "Christian" who ADDS TO; SUBTRACTS FROM; CHANGES; or CORRECTS the Holy Bible (especially those "Christians" who choose to ATTACK and DEMEAN it)! In addition, I do not believe that I am under any obligation to extend the right hand of fellowship to these kinds of "Christians", and neither does 2Timothy 2:22-26 "apply" to these kinds of people:
Quote:
2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
But rather 1Timothy 5:50; 2Timothy 4:2; Titus 1:13; and Titus 2:15 are the appropriate "response" to troublemakers and those "Christians" who would divide the brethren over this issue.
Quote:
1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Titus 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

Titus 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
This is why I do not "join" their Forums or engage in a "dialogue" or a "debate": with them. They have NO interest in the TRUTH - there is NO EDIFICATION; and here is NO PROFIT!

Quote:
Proverbs 18:2 A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.
Sad to say - this is the result of a Humanistic upbringing, training, and education ("Secular" or "Christian"). It's called "FAITHLESSNESS", and there is NO known scientific, medical, or psychological "CURE" for it, unless Almighty God Himself "intervenes" in the life of these proud and arrogant individuals! {Only "BELIEF" in God's PROMISE and ABILITY to "PRESERVE" His Holy words will do.}
Quote:
Proverbs 11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Proverbs 14:3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Proverbs 29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Proverbs 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
Do these people really think that God will not hold them accountable for their words or their conduct in regards to His Holy words?

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Last edited by George; 07-22-2009 at 09:34 AM.