View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 03:30 PM

Thank you brother Forest. I think we Christians should have no part in anything that would prevent us from being sober:

Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; (1 Peter 1:13 KJV)

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: (1 Peter 5:8 KJV)

And as someone who loved to drink back in the day, I can assure everyone that hasn't drank that even one drink is enough to become intoxicated.

I think what the early Church father Tertullian wrote is relevant to this subject. In this quote he was speaking on the Theatre, Circus and Arena, but it is applicable to consuming intoxicants.

"Does it then remain for us to appeal to the pagans themselves? Let them tell us whether it is right for Christians to frequent the shows. Why, the rejection of these amusements is the chief sign to them that a man has adopted the Christian faith" -- Tertullian

I think this full write-up can be found here: http://www.the-faith.org.uk/tertullian1.html

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 12-28-2008 at 03:38 PM.