View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Kinney View Post
Hi Tony. This is just my own opinion, but in the main I am in agreement with you. I applaud the efforts of such brethren to take the gospel to the far ends of the earth. My wife and I also support missionaries in foreign lands. I do not at all believe one must learn English or be a King James Bible onlyist in order to get saved and grow in Christ.

However, where I do have a disagreement is when other brothers who use foreign language Bibles (Spanish, Polish, French, German, Swahili or whatever) try to make the claim that these other foreign language Bibles are also the complete, inspired and inerrant words of God, just like the King James Bible is. They are not; at least, I have never seen one yet that is. Some of them can be quite good and God can definitely use them to save souls; but that does not mean they are the 100% pure and preserved "Book of the LORD".

I have posted this before, (sorry for the repetition) but I still hold to this position.

If the King James Bible in English is the perfect words of God, then What About Other Languages?

This is a good question but not at all hard to answer if you think about it. God never promised to give every nation or every individual a perfect Bible. It certainly never turned out this way in history, did it?

In fact, for the first 3000 to 4000 years of recorded history, there was only one nation on earth that had the true words of God. "He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel. He hath not dealt so with any nation, and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD." Psalm 147:19-20.

Now that the gospel is going out to the nations, the only promise from God we have is that "this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." Matthew 24:14

The gospel of salvation through the substitutionary death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ is found in any bible in any language it has been translated into, no matter how poorly or partially done it may be. God can and does use other bible versions, partial translations, or just simple gospel tracts to bring His people to faith in Christ. I do not deny but strongly affirm this to be true.

But that does not make these other partial translations, bible tracts or versions the perfect words of God. There has to be at least one perfect Bible in this world that serves as the Final Authority and Standard by which all others are measured.

It certainly does not exist in the Hebrew or the Greek. There is no "the Hebrew" and much less is there "the" Greek. Besides, once a complete Bible is put together, there has to be a translation of some kind in order to put both the Old and New Testaments into one language. Since God has promised to preserve His WORDS (not just the general, ballpark approximation) in the book of the LORD, this book must exist somewhere.

All the evidence points to the King James Bible as being that book for the last almost 400 years. It was the KJB that was used by English and American missionaries to carry to gospel to the nations in the greatest missionary movement in history. It was the KJB that was carried out into space and read from.

I believe in the sovereignty of God in history. "For the kingdom is the LORD'S; and He is the governor among the nations." Psalm 22:28. God has set His mark upon many things in this world that reveal His Divine hand at work in history. Why do we use the 7 day week instead of the 10 day week? Why are dates either B.C. (Before Christ) or A.D. (Anno Domini - year of our Lord)? (although the secular world is now trying in vain to change this too to BCE and CE.) England just "happens to be" the one nation from which we measure the true Time (Greenwich time, zero hour) and from which we measure true Position, zero longitude. In 1611 the English language was spoken by a mere 3% of the world's population, but today English has become the closest thing to a universal language in history. God knew He would use England, its language and the King James Bible to accomplish all these things long before they happened.

Today it is only the King James Bible believer who boldly maintains that there really is an inerrant, complete and 100% true Holy Bible on this earth that a person can actually hold it in his hands and read and believe every word. All modern version proponents deny that any tangible, “hold it in your hands and read Bible” IS now the inerrant words of God.

God only holds us accountable for the light He has been pleased to give us. To whom much is given, from him shall much be required - "For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall much be required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48. God has given to the English speaking people His perfect words in the King James Bible. We will be held far more accountable for what we have done with this Book than any other people.

To the degree that foreign language bible versions follow the same underlying Hebrew and Greek texts, and to the degree that their individual translations match those found in the King James Bible, to that degree they can be considered to be the true words of God. To the degree that they depart from both the texts and meanings found in the KJB, to that degree they are corrupt and inferiour.

I do not believe that every foreigner in non-English speaking countries needs to learn the English language and read the King James Bible. Salvation through faith in the substitutionary death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ is not only found the King James Bible. If there are several different versions in their own native language (Spanish, German, Russian, Chinese, or whatever), then I would recommend they use the one that most closely follows the same Hebrew and Greek texts that underlie the King James Bible. If they only have a translation based on the ever changing, modern Critical Texts, then they should thank God for what they do have and use it.

Regarding the question of “Well, what about before 1611?” please see my article here:

http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/before1611.html

As for: “Can a Translation be inspired?” please see:

http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/transinsp.html

This is how I see it and what I believe. Not a difficult question at all.

In contrast to the KJB believer's views, the multiple choice, contradictory meanings, and "different, omitted, added, or made up underlying texts" proponent has no Final Written Authority or Standard by which all others are to be judged, and he has no inspired, inerrant and 100% true Bible to give or recommend to anyone.

By His grace, accepted in the Beloved,

Will Kinney
Will, for the purposes of the Scripture, there are 3: 1. Initail Revelation. 2. Propagation(copies) 3. It's use with believers and non-believers(Job 32:8. 3 is the reason they were given to us. God gave the canon for His words, we fight like dogs to propagate it, yet the inspiration in men to understand God is the rpime funsction right now. Doctrine is the #1 use for Scripture and it's purpose is our liason with God, through the Holy Ghost of God. I've had people object to that. I mean, does God need a copy of His words? I remember a tale of a US Army non-com spied for the Russians. He took pictures of maps showing Russian troop displacements. The Russian contact said, really, we do not need a US map to know where our troops are, lol.

We interpret the Universe through 5 senses in order that the 6th sense, the mind, can operate. The Scriptures are our passport, so to speak, to understanding God. We have His words in English, others are sweating blood to bring them to other languages.

I've had two objections in this thread: I don't think these men came here as intruders or enemies. That's how I see them treated, no matter how soft the objections to them are. The second is I see the KJV elevated to the point of the brass serpent of Moses. His words will be written in our hearts one day, those parts of His word we do not understand will be perfect. When that which is perfect has come what is that which is done in part shall be done away. I don't think there's a copy of the KJV in heaven written on gold plates. The KJV is worthless and uninspired to a Russian. If I show him or her His words out of my Russian Bible(which has the Comma in I John) I have no idea what is going on in that person's heart. The original manuscripts are worthless and uninspired to me, I cannot understand them. Our work is laid out for us by Paul regarding tongues, getting the word to the lost in as many "tongues" as we can, not smart bombing them into learning English.

It's a pleasure to be in touch with you again Will. I had a computer crash a few years ago set things back. Well, Robycop3's worst nightmare has returned, I am registering at FFF, I want to ask him if he's missed me

Grace and peace to you Brother.

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 03-30-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: typos