View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
If it is true that Christ "will marry" the church, why then are we "married" (Rom.7) and IS "one flesh" (Eph 5) with Him right NOW.

Again, here is a CLEAR, DEFINITE Scripture that tells us of a FUTURE MARRIAGE BETWEEN GOD AND THE NATION (AS WELL AS THE LAND) OF ISRAEL.

Isaiah 62:4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and THY LAND SHALL BE MARRIED.
Isaiah 62:5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so SHALL thy God rejoice over thee.

"Shall" - FUTURE TENSEPlease answer this: When will Isaiah 62:4,5 be fulfilled?
That's my position and I don't have anything to add to it. Anyone who wants to believe they are part of the Catering Party At The Wedding Of the Lamb is fine with me, it's not going to earn one more reward or cause the loss thereof. It's when a group of people band together and cloister themselves off as being better than other Christians, which is the experience I had with Bride Churches, is where I speak out. My post-Church Of Christ experiences were with Name It Claim It Pentecostals who said I didn't have the "full" gospel and then a Bride Church where I offered to help and was a knothole in a pew. I'll sit here with you, brother, and be content with my Partial Gospel and being a member of the Groom.

Grace and peace friends

Tony