View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
I agree with you, by all means we should,

But as I attempted to convey in my first post, I think if we will specifically walk in Christ, by the Spirit, through the Word, it's all covered. Don't you?

"As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving" (Colossians 2:6-7).

For me, true practical victory occurred over sin (by no means am I claiming "sinless" perfection) when Jesus Christ became my all in all, my joy, my life. Not only my everlasting life, but daily life. For me, after all these years, discipline, duty, drive, or devotion did not bring success. Loving Jesus Christ has. I have discovered the more I know Him, the more I love Him.

I suppose each of us need to have our own Mount of Transfiguration experience.

“And after six days Jesus ta-keth Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, and was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid. And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid. And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only” (Matthew 17:1–8).

No man except Jesus! What are we doing to bring completeness or satisfaction to our Christian life? What spiritual activity do we perform in order to please God? What teaching are we holding on to that keeps us in the rut of self-determination and self-will, resulting in self-glory? This ought to be our passion: Only Jesus! Only Jesus! Only Jesus!

Therefore, my encouragement to all of us is to keep, "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2).
AMEN!

Peace and Love,
Stephen