View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 04:29 PM

Chette said

Quote:

One way to see if you are studying properly is to see how what you learned has lined up with those who do study properly. If you are always arguing and debating it comes from some point of seeing yourself as always right and everyone else as always wrong. That is why I back away after a few posts with you.
That is the biggest bunch of baloney I have ever read. So, you judge yourself the standard, or those you personally agree with. If I disagree with you or those you agree with, I am not properly dividing the word? Baloney.

Millions follow cults of people who have cleverly dissected the scriptures to preach a false gospel. The scriptures warn of these false teachers.

Look, I have presented many scriptures to support my view. If you think I am in error, show me from these very scriptures where I am wrong.

I believe Jesus was rejected on Palm Sunday when he entered Jerusalem. This is a very common belief with Baptists (I am an Independent Fundamental Baptist). I am not sure if it was this thread, but Brother Luke posted a link from Liberty College showing that Palm Sunday fulfilled many scriptures to the very day that Christ would offer himself as King to the Jews. So, this is not an unorthodox view whatsoever, and I happen to completely agree with it because that is what I believe the scriptures truly show.

I showed how the apostles asked Jesus in Acts 1 if Jesus was going to restore the kingdom "at this time" and Jesus told them it was not for them to know this information. And I personally do not believe the Holy Spirit would inspire Peter to preach scripture that contradicts Jesus.

I showed that in every instance in early Acts that the apostles were preaching "repentance unto life", or believeing on Jesus for forgiveness of sins and receiving everlasting life, never once mentioning the restortation of the kingdom. NOT ONCE.

I have been accused several times of not rightly dividing the word, but no one has shown me clearly where I am in error on the scriptures I provided. I am still waiting on that.

You can say what you will about me, I am not here to cause division or strife among the brethren. I am interested in truth, and truth only. I do not like to argue with anyone. But when I see someone who in my opinion is presenting false doctrine, I will stand up and say something about it. I do not think I know everything, but I do study carefully, and pray always for the Lord to give me understanding and discernment.

I think I have presented very strong evidence for my views that there is only one gospel, and that Peter and the apostles were preaching the very same gospel in the early chapters of Acts as Paul was preaching later on. If someone can clearly show me where I am in error (from the scriptures, not personal interpretation), I will listen.

I have looked at the evidence for this supposed "different" gospel preached to the Jews in early Acts. I am not convinced whatsoever from the evidence and scriptures provided. In fact, the more I have read and studied, the more convinced I have become that this teaching is an error.