View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 09:06 AM

Default Prayers will continue!

Jassy,

When I first met my wife (she was around 22 years old), she was walking with a cane and had pain issues much like arthritis. However, all the tests came back negative, and a few doctors began to wonder if it was psychosomatic. However, her mother discovered a nutrition book that cautioned about grapes, and it said that if you are allergic to aspirin, you may also be affected by grapes, because they both contain a natural substance called salicylates. To make a long story short, she cut out all foods that contain high levels of salicylates, and her pains have become very manageable and she no longer needs a cane.

At 40, it is getting a bit worse again for her, and there is now some evidence of arthritis (some doctors feel the constant salicylate reactions may be bringing on the arthritis, but no one knows for sure), so we don't know what the future holds.

I only bring this up because she, too, had had to deal with pain on almost a constant basis, though it sounds like at a much lower level than you have had to deal with.

We know that this world is temporary for us, and one day you will have a new body in Glory, so that is certainly something to look forward to.

The issue of surgery is a difficult one, and one I think has to be decided between you and the Lord. For the one sister of Marlene that you mentioned who refused surgery, that might have been exactly the right decision for her, even though it is always difficult for loved ones to witness. For the others who elected surgery, there too, it may have been right for them to choose what they chose. I think we each need to take our prayers to the Lord, and let Him direct our paths. We go through questions like: am I electing surgery because I don't trust the Lord? or the opposite: did the Lord bring this possibility of surgery to my attention because He wants me to use it? It sounds like you have found a good surgeon, so that is certainly a plus! <grin>

Also, it is good that your friend has you to come to for advice, as getting good Spiritual advice is harder and harder these days.

My family will add you and Marlene to our prayer list.

Because of Him,

Doug A.