View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 08:45 AM

I to am very interested in what many other learned men on this forum would be able to answer in this issue of salvation first and then growing in Christ.
I believe that scripture is neccessary in allowing the Holy Spirit to do His work. Which not only draws us to repentance but gives us the faith we need to believe. Does the KJV need to be present at that time? No, it should be memorized, you could write down on a napkin, whatever is needed for them to have the scripture. Scripture is the key.
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Is it the word of God being presented? Without scripture the Holy Spirit will not grant us faith.
It is scripture that permits the Holy Spirit to work.
Luke 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
If it not scripture being used then I say it cannot be the Holy Spirit convicting. The words alone are not going to save anyone.
2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
In my life I did not take the doctrine of baptism seriously for 9 years and I never grew because I failed to do what was required of me.
I agree with you that using a corrupted bible will hinder one in growing in the Lord. I just also believe that if the Holy Spirit cannot help one of His own with that book then He cannot help one while he is lost.