View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 01:43 PM

sorry about the double post , maybe an admin can remove one.
I believe that if the simplicity that is in Christ is understood, regardless of what bible is used, or what gospel tract its not the bible itself or the tract itself that that "saves" Its Jesus Christ. Its the edifying of the Christian after salvation, if the person accepted Christ through what someone was witnessing to them through a perversion, the simple gospel message is still intact to some extent and If their heart is genuine in regards to the message and accepting Christ then the Holy Spirit of course will still be at work, the person that is being witnessed to may be ignorant of the bible issue so I guess it would be wrong to say that no one can be saved unless its a King James Bible in fact it is not necessary for a bible to be present to be saved, just the message of the Gospel of Christ and if anyone cant explain that to another, then that person shouldn't be witnessing in the first place. Its the truth that that Christian "should" be receiving after salvation for exhortation and edification that is sorely lacking through perversions, leaving a brother or sister weak and spiritually barren unable to grow in Grace and to come to a deeper understanding of The person of Jesus Christ and his written Word. This is what I think, there are many other learned men on this forum that may be able to answer better but this is what I see as a "Growing babe in Christ"