View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 11:40 AM

I think If the message of Christs "Finished" work on the cross, is understood, if A person "Believes" that Christ died on the cross for their sin, that he was buried and rose again in 3 days, if they realise that they are a dirty rotten hellbound sinner and no one can save them only Christ, and in their heart they believe this and accept the Free Gift of salvation, then they may be saved, be it through a modern perversion or even as George says a simple gospel tract. Its from the point of salvation onwards that perversions weaken Christians and promote heresy, I know christians that I have no doubt are saved, but weak,why? because of modern perversions, I do not believe the same truths can be discovered in these versions,(I refuse to call them bibles) because I believe that the Holy Spirit of God will not sit with that reader and lead him or her into truth and convict them of error.
Scripture is MOST important after salvation, it is our means of deepening our relationship with Christ, growing in his word, it is the guide on all things spiritual for christian living and matters of the faith.
If a complicated piece of machinery was assembled without a proper instruction manual it would end up assembled contrary to the manufacturer's specifications, parts missing, things not working how they should etc (the old, where did these extra screws and bolts come from?)
We as God's Children are infinitely more complicated and without the guidance of His Word to edify us, we become broken, pieces where they shouldn't be (wrested scripture) and parts that don't work at all (Heresy).
Our manual on how we are supposed to be built and how we are supposed to work and our entire foundation, is built on our cornerstone Jesus Christ and his written Word , the King James 1611, THE BIBLE!
Get it out and assemble yourselves brothers and sisters