Thread: My Avatar
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Geologist,

Your avatar is cute .
Here are some verses that might comfort you.

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Heaven is a new beginning. I was going to quote the verse that George quoted above as that was the first verse that came to mind. I also remembered this verse:

Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

I would recomend reading from verse 65:17 through verse 25. Our life on earth will be remembered no more and if we love animals,there will be animals we can pleasure in, in the new Heavens.

Aloha,
Renee
Hi Renee,
Just a clarification: The passage you have quoted takes place during the 1,000 year reign of the Lord Jesus Christ on the Earth. Yes, there will be animals there during that time (their wild survival instincts gone) and people will live longer lives similar to the times before Noah's flood (see Isa 65:22 i.e. lifespans as long as trees). But all of this, including this "new heavens and new Earth" are not the same has the new heaven and earth at Revelation 21. We know this because during this 1,000 years there is still death on the Earth (see Isa 65:20). Death is not finally ended until after the end of the 1,000 years (read Rev 20:14).