Thread: My Avatar
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 10:00 AM

As I live today, I am too very concerned about who will be in Heaven with me in eternity. But that is now. That is what God has put me here to do. Things will be different when we get there. Sure, I joke with my friends about wanting to ask Peter about a few things. I would like Paul to tell about some of the things he hinted about that happened to him. I would like to finally meet my father's mother who made so the difference in his life as a child that he never ceased to speak of her faith. All I have is her Bible which is full of the most beautiful comments in the tiniest of handwriting. BUT that is now.

Just musing about these things may not be enough of a problem to comment on, but when it becomes the focus of a person, THAT is a problem. There are way too many sappy songs about reuniting with those who have gone before.

I just finished a funeral service for a woman that I had only met at an earlier funeral. Her husband was "almost certain" that she had been baptized, but he didn't know when or where. Her friends and family spoke of her as if she were a saint, but she had no church family. Her favorite songs played at the funeral were not in the slightest reflective of a Godly person. Yet, all that her husband and friends could talk about is seeing her in the "future life". Thank the LORD, I was free to present the truth of the Gospel to a crowd largely made up of those who appeared anything but believers.