View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 11:13 AM

If I cannot do good works to get saved, then how can I do bad works to be unsaved?

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."John 5:24

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." 1st John 5:13

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5

God Promised me Eternal Life, God cannot lie!! I can lose fellowship and Joy of Salvation, which I have done when I was backslidden for many years, I walked independent of God, wanting to go my own way, I Never stopped believing in God, I stopped believing in myself. Now for a MAN to come along and tell me, that because I had forsaken My LORD and Heavenly Father for that number of years, that he has forsaken me??? Many wonderful Christians today were backsliders at one time or another in their life, NOBODY IS PERFECT! The only perfect man was Crucified for our imperfections and that man Is Jesus Christ, the same yesterday and today and forever. My Salvation was not of my own doing, Jesus saved me, My salvation was a gift from God,

"...the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life" —Romans 5:18

therefore God cannot take it back or that would make him a liar.
"In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began" Titus 1:2
Who is to say that the lessons that I learned when I was a backslidden believer were not from God? And I learned many! My LORD Jesus Christ loves me and NO MAN! can affect my salvation.

John 10:28, "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."

I will always sin, anyone that says they wont are Liars, But at the same time that does not give me a license to sin, all believers will give account of themselves before Christ someday and some will suffer more loss than others.
You can NEVER lose something that was given as a free Gift in the first place

Ephesians 2:8,9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

If salvation can be lost through our own sinful words, deeds, attitudes and actions then self righteousness is part of salvation

"For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." Romans 10:3-4
The above verse condems self righteous thinking.

I am a wicked sinner, Jesus Christ saved me, I am washed in his precious Blood and no MAN can tell me different!

In the Name of my LORD Jesus Christ