View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
husband says he has a prayer groups and meets the brothers, they talk about the scriptures and they baptise people into receiving salvaton. thats sounds good but my spirit isnt feeling him still. is there something wrong with me? My wife told me that they call them selves Disciples of Christ. My belief is Im saved by the Grace of God, not of works. Eph 2:3 i think. but they say. i need to go out and baptise someone before I'd be saved. and follow different steps (isnt this works?)
Welcome to this place MrSmith, I pray it is a source of blessing and encouragement for you.

In this case scenario you are to "try the spirits whether they are of God" (1 John 4:1), so are you up to the task? Others would have you walk away and leave this cult to it, if that's what they are, but maybe you should 'face the music' and confirm in your own mind that they are indeed "false prophets"?

Have you yourself been baptised in water before? If so, what do they say about that? I suggest that you arm yourself with the scriptures that prove the correct way of salvation, and then sit down with "husband" man-to-man and have it out, that's what I would do. The ball is in your court.

Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.