View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 10:44 AM

Welcome Brother, I myself am haven't been here for long. Anyway, you are right in that you get saved by God's grace and not of good works:

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8,9

I believe God's Holy Spirit is warning you. However, in my humble view, I daresay that these people are a cult. Baptism is an act of obedience and NOT a requirement to getting saved, and as for baptizing others:

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
1 Corinthians 1:17

Anyway, when you trust the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour you DO get baptize with the Holy Spirit.

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Matthew 3:11

So if you haven't done so, will please do it. Admit your a sinner before God and trust the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour.

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Acts 16:31

Water baptism is just a public confession of faith. So these people might indeed be a cult and my final advice is:

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Ephesians 5:11