View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 06:36 PM

Tbones,

You have been quite busy answering a lot of posts. I hope your finger is not hurting to bad.

Ge 3:21 ¶ Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them. I could never see the sacrifice except by implication. for God never says how he made them coats the Hebrew word is the same for "make" in Genesis 1:26. . . Let us make man in our image, . . .

No I don't see water in every Baptism in the NT. for example Roms 6 baptism is spiritual not physical Baptism though many use the verses when doing water baptism. I do divide rightly the different types of baptisms in the NT.

I did see types in Lev and Matthew The priest were washed before the sacrifice was made. the Apostles were Baptized before Jesus Was sacrificed.

But I can find no natural cross reference that KJV is so natural in having to connect these together.

I am not a Baptist and I don't wear Baptist glasses. I wear Biblical glasses. as I said in my first text I do not promote anyone to get baptized I let that be up to the Believer. I don't call it the first step of Obedience as Baptist call it. and I don't see any necessary reason for Baptism or a direct command from Paul to do so.

But as I said Paul did Baptize and I will too if that is what the person wants. I just make sure they are doing it as Identification.

Jesus didn't get baptized to cleans himself from sin or for remission or to prove repentance, but in so doing he did Identify with sinful man.

the only time the word wash and Baptism are used in the same sentence is in Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord. and it has only to do with Paul not anyone else.

Just as We don't see "water" in every Baptism we should not see "wash" in ever baptism either. Roms 6 lets us see that the baptism was not washing but identification to his death. Roms 6:3 and 4 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

it is not the death of Jesus that cleanses us for his death is substitutionary for us. that is our identification in baptism into his death.

If there were a natural cross reference between John's Baptism and Lev 8:6 I might consider it but seeing that God did not preserve his word with that connection I will not consider the type as valid to make the two the same.

I do however appreciate you taking time to answer and as I said whether you believe in Baptism for the Body today or not. It is not an issue to me. I only tried to answer your question on why John's Baptism and Lev8:6 are not the same. and the reason I can see they are not is that there is nothing alike not in Biblical events, words or in typology.

Last edited by chette777; 05-05-2009 at 06:41 PM.