View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post

Here is my point:
Jewish water baptism is first found in Leviticus 8 as a consecration of a Levite priest, the first step being washing, then pouring out of oil.
Yes brother, I understand your point perfectly. Sadly, your point is still just as wrong as it was when you first made it, and that's why none of the Bible believers here have fallen for that stuff brother. Bro. Chette covered it quite well, there is no reason to re-hash, recap, recall or re-invent the ceremonial washings of the OT and the Levites. You are "mixing OIL with VINEGAR," and you can shake that bottle until the cows come home but they won't mix for you any more than they have for any other ultradispensationalist including Dr. Bullinger himself. The term Baptism is never found even ONCE the entire Old Testament. Nothing like a King James Bible to clear up doctrinal issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
This was the training for Israel to lead the world back to God, by Israel's EXALTATION would the Gentiles be blessed, and that God PROMISED to make them into a KINGDOM OF PRIESTS. Thus John, a Levite, came baptizing with WATER to the WHOLE nation of Israel, and as a Levite consercrated Jesus Christ as their HIGH PRIEST, the second step being sanctification with oil, the Holy Spirit. When John was killed Jesus and the apostles carried on this consecration, Jesus never baptized anybody. Why?
Simple: Jesus never baptized anyone in believer's baptism for the same reason He never preached the Gospel we preach today. Because our blessed Saviour had not yet gone through the death, burial and resurrection, brother. Paul on the other hand, DID preach the Gospel, WAS baptized and also baptized others. Let's not agonize over multiple facets of a view that not one Bible believer here is accepting brother.

I'm not in any way angry at you, but we won't agree on this, and I would prefer you did not address me directly any more on the issue. My last replies were to another member not to you, and anything I post from here on will serve as a "counter-balance" to the views you are being allowed to publish on the forum, simply for the express purpose of DOCTRINAL CLARITY. I'm not trying to be rude, but I would say the same thing to ANYONE ANYWHERE who asked me endless questions about strange doctrines. (Titus 3:9) As I stated early on, may God bless you as you seek His truth on this issue brother.

P.S. I noticed you removed the signature you had earlier called "Church Splitter?"
never mind, maybe it was a figment of my imagination...

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 05-05-2009 at 06:22 PM.