View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
For anyone who is interested in the history of Bullingerism and other teachings,
I submit a few notes from David E. Walker and his book on
THE BIBLE BELIEVER'S GUIDE TO DISPENSATIONALISM...

"I would say it is the closest thing to a DEFINITIVE work on
Dispensationalism as I have ever read." - Dr. Peter S. Ruckman

HYPER-DISPENSATIONALISM...

Ruckman outlines the teachings of
hyper-dispensationalism as follows:

1. There is a period of time called “THE GRACE OF GOD” which began in Acts 9 (Stam, Baker, Moore, Watkins) or in Acts 18 (O’Hare and others) or in Acts 28 (Bullinger) . . .

2. Water baptism is not for “THIS AGE” since “THIS AGE” began in Acts 9 or Acts 13 or Acts 18 or Acts 28.

3. Bible-believing Baptists are heretics who do not follow PAULINE teaching (1 Ti. 1:16).

4. Since Paul did not COMMAND anyone to be baptized, it is UNSCRIPTURAL.

5. Since Paul was not “SENT TO BAPTIZE,” water baptism is PRE-PAULINE (1 Cor. 1).

6. The “ONE BAPTISM” of Ephesians 4 automatically cancels water baptism.

HUNG UP TO DRY
Below are the Bible answers
to this anti-baptism (dry-cleaning) fixation...
http://www.victory-baptist.net/hyper.htm#_ftn13
Brother, what Dr. Ruckman has to say about this thread topic or of me personally is to me not relevant, unless he wants to join the forum and comment. It's not my purpose and not within decency and order to publish here Stam's statements on what he thinks of Baptists, because first, he's wrong and second, it's not relevant to the thread. If Dr Ruckman thinks I am a heretic, that's not relevant to the thread. If you think I am a heretic, say it before all and not through some other man's books. I first learned the "dry cleaner" system through Dr. Ruckman, not Jordan, Stam, or anyone else. Dr. Ruckman hunts with the Baptist hounds and runs with the drycleaning rabbits and there is 500 statements to that effect in his commentaries.

Let's look at his allegations point by point:

HYPER-DISPENSATIONALISM...

Ruckman outlines the teachings of
hyper-dispensationalism as follows:

[1. There is a period of time called “THE GRACE OF GOD” which began in Acts 9 (Stam, Baker, Moore, Watkins) or in Acts 18 (O’Hare and others) or in Acts 28 (Bullinger) . . .]

Yep, and the main and first one he left out was Sergius Saulus Paulus of Tarsus.

[2. Water baptism is not for “THIS AGE” since “THIS AGE” began in Acts 9 or Acts 13 or Acts 18 or Acts 28.]

This age began when Paul grafted the Gentiles into the Body, the olive tree, of that believing remnant of Israel and if you can show it, you can whip me or Dr. Ruckman or anyone else.

[3. Bible-believing Baptists are heretics who do not follow PAULINE teaching (1 Ti. 1:16).]

Yep, show me thread message # and paragraph where I said or even remotely alluded to anyone in this thread who did not agree with my teaching on water baptism was a "herectic".

[4. Since Paul did not COMMAND anyone to be baptized, it is UNSCRIPTURAL.]

Yep, this statement is absolutely correct and is one of the foundations of my stand and walk in Christ, Christ sent Tony "Bones"Howard not to baptize but to be a minister of the reconciliation and an ambassador for Christ, preaching the gospel of Christ, preaching the word and that word rightly divided.

[5. Since Paul was not “SENT TO BAPTIZE,” water baptism is PRE-PAULINE (1 Cor. 1).]

Ah, duuh, Leviticus 8, John the Baptist, Christ's disciples, Peter, Philip; it sure is "pre-Pauline", and as I have demonstrated from the rightly divided Scriptures, it's just not POST-Pauline.

[6. The “ONE BAPTISM” of Ephesians 4 automatically cancels water baptism.]

It sure does because if it don't, then there are two Lords, two faiths, two Gods, and two Fathers of all. The principle works both ways.

Hung out to dry? Brother Parrish, I'm drippin' wet, soaked to the gills, in the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, I wouldn't be in this forum if I wasn't.

Grace and peace

Tony