View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
[COLOR=Blue] What does this all mean? Simply, we, as Christians, ought not to think more highly of ourselves than we ought. The Bible is not all about ME or US (as Christians) – It’s all about Almighty God and His Holy word; It’s all about The Lord Jesus Christ and His Kingdom; It’s all about God’s plan for the ages (which He made before the world began). We are blessed to be a part of it all because His people (Hebrews-Israelites-Jews) - rejected The Father (in the Old Testament); rejected His Son (in the four (4) Gospels); and rejected the Holy Spirit in the first Nine Chapters of the Book of Acts.
Brother George, like Brother Chette, as I read your post I am humbled and deeply moved with the mercy, grace, and goodness of God which is given to me through Jesus Christ!

Your comments do raise a question. Since I've become a recipient of the New Covenant of promise, by believing and receiving Jesus Christ, how do the Holy Scriptures written in the Gospel of John (one of my favorite books) apply to me? Or do they? Can I apply them as a converted gentile?