View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 11:46 AM

Default Re: " Is contraception a liberty or a sin?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
The heading "The 95 theses of contention against dispensationalism" at the top of the page was enough to send me to the X to close that site.
It is obvious you hold a reformed position and you have stated that from the word go, that is your liberty.
However to anyone that may visit those links particularly "babes in Christ" may I urge you to take heed as it is entrenched in Calvinism.

While everyone is at liberty to post links to reformed websites and promotion of Calvinism, I too am also at liberty to promote material against this erroneous teaching, and may I recommend Laurence Vance's "The Other side of Calvinism" that a few other dear brothers have also recommended.

Aloha brother Steven,

Thanks for the "tip". I've always thought that no ordinary genuine Bible believer would choose such a pedantic name as "MR. RELIGION", and now I know why.

The "intelligentsia" (scribes & scholars) have a strong tendency to lean toward Calvinism, since it is a religion of the "MIND" (the "intellect") and NOT the "HEART" and most certainly not of the Holy Scriptures as brother Vance has demonstrated in his most excellent book refuting Calvinism, and as I did in my (not so excellent) expose here on the AV1611 Bible Forums.

All the "issues of life" proceed from out of the "heart" and NOT the "mind", and therein lays the "fatal flaw" of Calvinism.
Quote:
Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Matthew 15:19
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Mark 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
I'm not interested in modern day "theology"; and I have even less use for modern day "theologians, academicians, and others in theological fields."

I want to know what God has to say about Himself; His creation; mankind; His people; and the issues of life, NOT what some puffed up, egotistical, vain, and arrogant "theologian" thinks! Why do you suppose when the Lord Jesus picked His disciples that there wasn't a "scholar" or a "scribe" amongst them? Hmmm? {Just so no one's "sensitive feelings" are hurt - the foregoing comments are not directed specifically at any one person on this Forum - BUT, on the other hand, "if the shoe fits"!}

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.