View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
Ok. So let me ask one other thing. And please don't think I'm trying to "stir anything up", or anything like that. I'm pretty sure I understand Br. Forrest's posts you linked to. But is believing not doing something on our part? Or is that the whole point? We didn't even come to belief on our own. I'm still a bit confused, but I think it's clearing up a bit. I just want correct doctrines. I get that I am saved. I don't have to DO anything. It's already done. Jesus took care of it all. But again is belief not action?
Buzz, belief is an inner operation of the spirit Read these verse, read them again, let them all tie together in your spirit:

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Ro 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

2Th 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Your fleshly, natural mind says there is no Jesus, there is no salvation, there is no life after this life, that you just die and rot in a grave, winked out of thought as if you never existed:

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You've been made alive brother, by His Spirit through His word:

Ps 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
Ps 119:93 I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me.
Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved
Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

We have to die inside, and let His Spirit make us alive again:

Ro 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

The "actions" we perform are done after we are made one of His:

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

I don't know what MacArthur teaches about belief, the Church Of Christ, in order to damn everyone who don't follow them or their dead works, try to say belief is a "work". They do err, not knowing the Scriptures. Christ did all the "work", then out of gratitude we do good works because we were created
to do good works, not before salvation, but after.

Eph 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us–ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

I wouldn't use the books of Sadducees like John MacArthur for toilet paper, brother Buzz, I don't want to contaminate myself. MacArthur is another Yea HAth God Said fool who denies the literal blood sacrifice, and probably the next thing he'll be saying is the cross was not necessary, only His "death" and they may as well have stuck him full of spears or beheaded Him as was the common Roman fashion. You remember this all the days of your life, this is one of the Commandments Of Tony Bonesism: If you depart one period from doctrine, you may as well depart from the whole sentence.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Belief is an operation of your spirit, not an "action", your mind and flesh don't believe, can't believe.

Grace and peace brother

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 05-20-2009 at 01:14 AM. Reason: typo