View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Matthew, you can post all the verses you want, but we're not going to stop defending the King James Bible. As I already stated, I think we CAN keep things civil and I think that is important. However, if we cannot agree on WHICH BIBLE, then we cannot agree on WHAT IS TRUTH—so it's a critical issue. Many of today's Christian colleges and churches are EATEN UP with modern versions and liberal confusion, and they are passing this on to their members and students, who often come here asking questions designed to cause division and strife. It's sad, but it is what it is... rather than argue or allow them to spread their leaven, the administrator of this forum first warns them, then simply bans them. I think it keeps things on track.
Brother Parrish, we get 3 types of people in here: The hardened KJV defenders like us, the obvious spies who come in and make trouble, then we get those who seem to be in the middle.

I believe that middle group is sincere and are searching for the truth, and booting and banning and booting and banning and booting and banning is not going to give them the answers. Though I am a fundamentalist Christian, that is the reason I am not now and never will be a Baptist: That bloodcurdling, Pharisaic, separationist authoritarianism I found manifest in the Ruckman forum on Yahoo in 2005-6.

The second thing is something a bit disquieting to me, it's a pattern I first noted in the water baptism thread and it is this: When someone disagrees with you and they quote Scripture to you in order to make their position known, you object to it. Why is that?

Grace and peace brother.

Tony