View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
Tony, thank you. THANK YOU! Not that I don't appreciate everyone else's advice. I do. It's just that Tony, you're the first one to offer it without thinking I had some hidden agenda or alterior motive. I believe I have been open and honest. Hopefully, everyone can realize that, really, I AM just confused. That is why I ask the questions I do. Not to start an argument or pick apart some doctrine or another. I just want the truth. I look forward to further discussions with you all.
Brother we can all see clearly that you are confused and the amount of advice given is certainly an indication that we care for you, we care for your position with the Saviour. If I may I would like to point you to some posts by Brother Forrest. Its based on doctrine for Christian Living, and I would have that prayerfully you read his posts that magnify the need to rest in Christ, to be content in the fact that we can DO nothing, we need to just be, for without him we are and can do, nothing.
Leave the outside world "outside" for a moment, forget the "Lordship salvationists" like comfort and Macarthur, forget the RCC, forget ALL these people that are adding to your salvation, looking for signs and wonders as "proof" you are saved. Your struggle is a war between flesh and spirit, quit seeking signs in the flesh (feelings) and concentrate on the spirit, concentrate on the word of God.

2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2 Corinthians 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;
2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Have a read over Brother Forrests Posts here.

http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1094