View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
Tony, thank you. THANK YOU! Not that I don't appreciate everyone else's advice. I do. It's just that Tony, you're the first one to offer it without thinking I had some hidden agenda or alterior motive. I believe I have been open and honest. Hopefully, everyone can realize that, really, I AM just confused. That is why I ask the questions I do. Not to start an argument or pick apart some doctrine or another. I just want the truth. I look forward to further discussions with you all.
Buzz, I don't mean to contradict myself, but brother, we all have an ulterior motive. We're all sinners saved by grace. I don;t know what I could possibly accuse you of or even hint at since I'm a cross between Jack The Ripper and Dracula myself. Yet due to His mercy and to His glory He died for all of us.

Confusion and struggles in the flesh are like laying a floor with green lumber. You get one end nailed down and the other one pops up. You nail it down and the end you just nailed pops up. Do you know through your own effort and labor, you can't fix that floor?

The Lord can.

You need to continue to be open and honest Buzz. I have been and will continue to be open and honest in the Dispensationalism thread. I have been and will continue to be open and honest in the Water Baptism thread. Whether I am right or wrong is not the issue to me, I was open and honest is what counts to me. The first Person you need to be open and honest with is God, we'll wait. Be open and honest with Him and the confusion disappears.

I'll tell you what you need to read before you read anything. You need to read the book of Philemon. Do you know everything Paul ever wrote could be condensed down into that one little letter? Paul(Jesus Christ) is addressing Philemon(God the Father) on behalf of Onesimus, (a sinner). Whatever he stole from you I'll pay for it. Paul(Jesus Christ) steps in between two brothers, one who has offended the other, and says to Philemon(the offended), hey, I died for Onesimus(the offender) just as I died for you, because you offended Me once, I accepted you now accept him.
The references and similitudes and like figures are almost endless. That's why in my own scholastic fury I call Philemon the "capstone" of Paul's "theology". Christ was the foundation of Paul's writing, He is the roof also.

He is the whole Building. And we are His living stones.

For my part I thank you for your kind comments. In this forum, even when we disagree, we complement as a unit each other rather than oppose each other. He is One Body and we are all part of it. A body is not fragments but each part a part of the other.

Noah's Ark, Balaam's ass, the Law, the anti-Christ and the Millenium are all yesterday and tomorrow. Romans through Philemon is who, where, and what Buzz is today.

Grace and peace to you buddy

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 05-19-2009 at 01:49 AM. Reason: typo