View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solabiblia View Post
What one particular version was God's perfect and preserved Word in 1311 AD? Who had it, and who did not have it?
God was preserving His Word in many scattered copies at the time. The refining to one perfection version took place later. In the mean time, there was ongoing preservation. People in 1311 had sufficient access to God's Word.

Quote:
Starting from the original texts, can you follow the transmission of the perfectly preserved Word all the way to 1611, or are there gaps?
In reverse, we look at what is today, and look backward. This is what anyone has to do when they receive the Gospel. The Gospel is not "The truth was long ago, a message I cannot tell you, because it is far away in the past." No, the Scripture must be known NOW first.

Quote:
Honestly, I don't start from any version, since versions are 1) late to the party, and 2) the work of man.
I don't mean to accuse you unnecessarily here, but you are actually arguing that people become Christians by having NO Scripture. If you do not start from a present version (e.g. an English translation), you are not starting from anything. You need an extant form of Scripture as a starting point.

Versions existed all the way back in the earliest centuries, as in Latin, Syriac, etc. To claim all such work is merely "human" is to undermine anything of the Church, doctrine, Confession etc., because all such things are human. Calvin was human. The Apostle Paul was human.

Quote:
The reason the KJO argument is circular is that it starts with the KJV and then argues back to the KJV.
Notice that the same argument applies when proving why God is God.

Also, any argument which has the assumption that "error is", whether it is implied or stated, is going to fail. Such as, "there is no perfect version because error is present", or "we cannot know which Bible is perfect because error is present", or, "many Bibles are close because none can be perfect, and none can be perfect because error is present in the world." etc. etc.

Quote:
I agree that God DID thwart error in history.
So, where is the Bible freed from error, or, when shall it come to pass in history?