View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 AM

Default Same here!

Hi Will, I have experienced the same kind of opposition myself on the very same issue and have come to the conclusion that this is the same type of spirit that is governing the politically correct mentality of the world. This same spirit is the determining influence behind a lot of what is and isn’t allowed to be done and said within church circles, and when someone comes along with a direct conviction of truth they become alienated.

I have often said that if John the Baptists, Herod and Herodias were alive today that it would be John who the church stewards would be ushering a out as a divisive trouble maker. Whilst the other two would be given the front seats as an example of “21st Century Christian love”!
Especially when one considers that such a move would create growth and popularity (after all, the offerings would be higher with the latter two than with someone who hardly owns any earthly possessions!).

Like yourself Will, I am a firm believer in the power of “spiritual light” and when the light of the word shines it reveals every bias, every spirit and every falsity for what they truly are.
If unbelief is exposed for what it is I have often encountered that a person’s pride then tends to kick in by default and the battle then becomes about everything but truth.

The trouble with the Anti KJB movement today is that this bias that is clothed with pride looks to try and dismiss the authenticity of the preserved and sacred text with cheap and easy means rather than with an honest weighing of the evidence. They are like the Muslims, the evolutionists and the atheists who search for “one liners” on the Internet to close the door on their opponents.

When I first became a believer I knew that there was just something not right about the NIV and the usual seminarians would voice their systematic lingo whenever I raised the issue. I knew (without doubt) that God’s word was His revelation without anyone telling me that, but all that my search for truth did was frustrate the living daylights out of me. The more that I learned on the matter the more uneasy I felt teaching the word, because I was becoming more and more unsure as to what the word actually said. How could I teach God’s word as God’s word if I didn’t know what was God’s word?

And like yourself Will, I began to notice that even the “literal” translations all varied from version to version and their updates were forever changing what their predecessors had set in stone.
It was only when I came to the belief that the KJB is the preserved word of God that I had any peace on the matter and could teach the word with the assurance that I was quoting God correctly.

It seems pathetic now but when I look back I used to pride myself that I belonged to a church that believed in the inerrancy of Scripture (albeit in “the original tongues”!) but I never thought that it was an issue.

About a year or two ago I was trying to find some solid apologetics on the net that would aid me in a sermon. But to my shock and discussed I found more so-called “fundamentally conservative” ministries speaking against the preservation of Scripture than there were for it. And I don’t mean 1 out of every 4 or 5 I mean the majority of them were dismissing it (and with conviction!).

The arguments that the modern version proponents put forward like you illustrated Will, are ridiculous when they are tested (i.e. all modern version are inspired). If only they would really think about statements like that:

For example:

Zechariah 13:6 KJB “And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.”

The Message “And if someone says, 'And so where did you get that black eye?' they'll say, 'I ran into a door at a friend's house.”

Both Inspired? (Which one would you preach the crucifixion from with conviction?)

Thanks for your article Will

God Bless

PaulB