View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 12:37 PM

I don't think the idea of "Spiritual Death", has anything to do with TULIP.
Take the last verse in the Prodigal Son. The son left the Fathers house, and his sinful lifestyle had separated him from his father. As we see, the Father considered his son to be dead, but his return restored his life.

Luke:15:32: It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Here are two more verses.

Eph:2:1: And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins.
Eph:2:5: Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved.

The word dead is used many times over, to indicate the Spiritual condition of sinful man. Since it is not possible one should walk around Physically dead, the term Dead must point to something else.
What other way could you elplain it, other than to say man in his sins is spiritually dead toward God. And when he repents, and comes to Christ he is given a new Spirit (in Christ), and is alive again.

The Scripture says Adam was created a living Soul, but when he sinned, he died. God does not lie, so when he told Adam he would surly die, he meant it. Adam did not fall dead physically, but from that time on Death had dominion over him.
I could go on, and explain how God restored Adam to life. But that would be another contention. All things in Scripture, are not always written in black and white. We have to read what God has to say on the matter, then wait for his explanation. If you are patient it will come, if not you may never know!.

If you go on trying to figure it out for yourself, you resist the Spirits revelation, you are fighting with God, and you will never win. For me its time to move on, I have come to a close on this subject.