Thread: Hey! I'm new!
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 06:44 PM

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and the kind comments! Our life is pretty much a dream-come-true; the Lord has definitely blessed us beyond measure. We have only been in KY for a little over a year; we moved from GA where I was born and raised and where we always lived except for our time in Pensacola. In GA, my husband was a fireman and the pastor of our church (Grace Baptist in Zebulon.) We started a few farming-type ventures over ten years ago there and decided that we would like it to be a complete lifestyle...so, after a few years of planning and praying, here we are! While I've never lived in a big city (again, except Pensacola,) the area we are in now is so much more rural than where we were in GA; the whole culture is different...more "country-fied," if you will; we really like it! And the land is prettier and so affordable!

Nasil, the baby pigs are just WONDERFUL! This year was the first time we had pig babies born on our farm instead of just buying babies to raise. Oh my word, I just LOVE them!
But, we also just had a stray cat have four kittens, and they are really something...equally adorable and not quite as apt to bite!

And, Tony, I know who YOU are!!! When I first found this forum, I stayed up until 2AM (YIKES!) reading the baptism thread, so I saw (well, read) a lot of you! I think it's great that you can so heartily disagree with others on an issue and still keep your cool while presenting your case!

Thanks again, y'all; I look forward to getting to know you!

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com