Thread: Hey! I'm new!
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by custer View Post
Well, I am new here, and I thought I'd introduce myself. I joined a few days ago and have been enjoying looking around the site; I love how (for the most part) reading the posts keeps one thinking about spiritual things.

I got saved in 1980, when I was ten years old; doctrinally, I am an Independent Baptist...practically, I am terribly disappointed with the lack of separation standards of most Baptists I know of. I was raised in a DEAD church and didn't really come alive and start growing until my husband and I moved to Pensacola in 1990 and started going to Dr. Ruckman's church. For the first time, we saw people that were GLAD they were saved and wanted to do something for the Lord; we also learned (surprise) that we should be reading and studying our Bibles! As an aside, we get a kick out of telling how going to Dr. Ruckman's SAVED our marriage, given his history and the controversy...The bottom line was that getting right with the Lord straightened out a lot of things in our lives (duh!)

I guess I'll skip to the present so that I don't write TOO much! Brian and I have been married twenty years now and have one daughter and three sons. We farm on 60 acres in Kentucky...We are presently in a church WITHOUT "Baptist" in the name (a first for us.) It is a group of mostly older people who, when they happen to express doctrine, appear to be Baptist without calling themselves so...except for one man who (bless his heart!) changes his belief about eternal security based on the passage he's reading! He is almost 80 and says he pastored for 40-plus years, but he just can't seem to grasp any dispensational teaching. My husband is teaching adult Sunday School, my 16-year-old son is teaching the kids, my daughter (20) is doing some music with the kids, and I play the piano.

I suppose that's enough for now...more later!

Pam
www.custerfamilyfarm.com
Pam, welcome to the forum. My family is from KY down around eastern coal country. Ain't been to Ky since 95, hope to head that way soon and see how things are. Not much family left down there. Not much family left here!

I'm a fundametalist grace believer better known as a dry cleaner among my Baptist brethren and sisteren. This forum seems to be becoming a family.

Welcome!

Grace and peace

Tony