View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:

I've started to look to the real man, Jesus Christ, the greatest man that ever lived He died for me Bro! What a Saviour.. what a blessing..

I read a story about D.L. Moody last night

It was about a man who was doubting whether he was a Christian and Moody showed him John 5:4. He kept making up excuses until he saw the simplicity presented in belief.

Spurgeon also said "Stop trying to believe, and just believe."

EDIT: I was watching Curtis Hutson preach last night. I swear that Robert Duvall modelled his preacher in "the apostle" off of Hutson. (minus the adultery of course).
It happens to us all Luke. I got saved as a young boy and was absolutely sure of my salvation for quite a while. But I was not raised in a Christian family and did not attend church regular. The Jehovah's Witnesses used to come by my house and leave the Watchtower. I didn't know the difference, I used to read them. Man, did I get all mixed up and started seriously doubting my salvation. This lasted for quite some time. It was truly a very bad time for me. But I prayed and studied and asked God to help me understand what faith is.

There are so many false teachers out there. They tell you that you have to stop sinning to be saved. Good luck on that one. They tell you that you must overcome, or hold on to your faith, never doubting. And you know, the more you try to hold on and never doubt, the more afraid you get. It is a terrible experience, just as the Bible says, there is torment in fear.

Just cast yourself and all your problems on Jesus. Then quit worrying, He will never fail us.

I used to go soul winning every Saturday with my Pastor years ago. We would also visit church members. Oh man, it was terrible, every stop our church members would pour out all their problems, sickness, no money, drugs, alcohol, infidelity, you name it. It was terrible. I would get so weighed down and depressed just listening to their stories. One day I asked my Pastor how he handled it all. He said, "I don't. I give it all to Jesus. If I tried to take it upon myself I would lose my mind."

Peace Luke