View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 07:32 PM

Chette

Now, you are accusing me of dishonesty. When did I ever say God had to mention everything in his creation account? That doesn't mean we can't draw conclusions from other verses.

We know from numerous verses that Satan and the angels exist and are in Heaven.

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. 7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

So, here we know Satan and the angels are in Heaven at times. And we know Satan is on Earth at times.

That is not silence, that is scripture.

But where does any scripture say that there was this period of time between Gen 1:1 and 1:2 where there was no time, or a different concept or measure of time we know today?

And it is not a stretch for me to believe Satan fell after the sixth day. We know that Heaven and all that is in Heaven was created in six days (Exo 20:11). We know God saw everything (that word seems to elude you) he made in the six days and said it was very good in Gen 1:31 and that was the sixth day.

I am not arguing from silence. I have scripture to support my view. It makes sense and does not contradict any other verses.

But your theory contradicts Exo 20:11. You say there was a period of time between Gen:1 and Gen 1:2. This would make the creation longer than six days. You make up some goofy theory that time was different or didn't exist without a single scripture to support it.

You are making stuff up. I cannot fathom how you cannot see this. And you have the gall to accuse me of dishonesty?