View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 02:31 AM

Default Yea Verily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryW View Post
Christ only died for his chosen people(the elect, his sheep, or the called, whatever term you want to use to describe those he foreknew before the world even began). It was not necessary for Christ to die for the reprobate(unbelievers who would not be saved)because he is not a man, thus he already knew before he even went to the cross who would believe and who would not! God is not going "thru time" with us, as we are in this earthly life. He knew the end from the beginning.

AMEN! Good answer JerryW..!

Rather than stop reading at John 3:16,,, folks should read John chapter 6 and then turn over to John chapter 17 and read that. Even though the Thread starter is "Banned"...I hope he will actually read these two chapters and Romans chapter 9-especially verses 12-22.

Since someone else mentioned a book to read, I'll mention one very germaine to the subject of the Thread: "The death of death in the death of Christ" by John Owen. Look for a pamphlet titled "The Introductory essay" by J.I. Packer---It might be found on the internet (do the Google). It is the primer for reading the book by John Owen.

..."My sheep hear My voice"... Jesus the Christ