Thread: Secret Rapture
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 10:49 AM

Thanks PBIwolski. That list is gonna be copied into my Bible. We're supposed to "mark" it right! Jer 23:18

toiwnz,

Well, I don't know what else to say about the first coming of Christ being a "type" of the second coming. Regarding the particulars, obviously there will be some differences. Nonetheless, did you ever notice that at the first coming Rome controlled the world. I'll give you one guess as to who will be in charge at the second coming.

Also, regarding the times Christ pops up between the first and second apearances; there are good indications that Jesus will appear on earth during the Tribulation. You hit one on the head and that is the "picture" of Christ at twelve years old, debating Jewish scholars. Jesus appears all throughout history to "His People" (always a reference to the Jews not the Church). Remember S, M, and A in the fiery furnance. That was Jesus in there.

About the "escape route" I think that there is a misunderstanding here. This world is never easy. Every Christian who is living right knows that. But the whole point of the Rapture doctrine is that God is gonna renew his dealings with Israel (READ: Not the Church). My question is, Toiwnz, do you understand that? That is the essence of this doctrine. We are talking about Romans 11. When you start to understand that, then the timing and the differences between the two appearings make sense.

Finally, about the different salvations - Remember that we must Rightly Divide the Bible (II Tim 2:15). Knowing this, remember that even though all scripture is for us (I Tim 3:16) not all of it is to us (I Peter 3:15,16). A lot of the doctrinal heresies that are taught out there (7th day adventists, Campbellites, etc) have not figured these things out. When God is dealing with Israel, He gives them physical signs to show that He is with them (I Cor 1:22). Because He gives them signs that they can see to believe, faith alone cannot save. Therefore in the Tribulation, when God is giving signs again, salvation will be by faith to start with and is completed by works because God is dealing with Israel. Today we have no signs except the sign of Jonah (Matt 12:39-41). This is why the PreTrib, PreMill doctrine is important, because right now, Christians get to heaven by grace through faith plus Nuttin.