View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 01:28 PM

I realise God used calvinists, but it was in spite of their calvinism, not because of it.

And I used to be a calvinist. Don't tell me I don't understand it.

I disagree with covenant theology and what you call reformed theology, because it makes little sense.

I was asking for clarification of dispensationalism in the other thread.

I'm not going to buy into your argument that everyone since the reformation has been a calvinist. It's simply wrong.

Maybe I'll debate with you when I know more about the alternatives to calvinism. I am reading a book called "The Other Side of Calvinism", and it's quite prophetic in a way. You have already made the claims that the author says mosts calvinists will make, by claiming calvinism as the historic position.

If Calvinism is the historic position, how come we don't teach Baptismal Regeneration as LUTHER did (and Augustine)? How come we aren't a bunch of baby sprinklers like Calvin and his ilk? Surely, if they were wrong on that (as well as their amillenialism), they can be wrong on countless other doctrines. The book is right. And calvinism is simply false thilosophy that turns God into a non-loving monster.

Sure, grace for you, but eternal hopelessness to all those he didn't choose, and yet they have no excuse for their sins, because God "decreed" everything eternally. Or maybe you are a double predestination guy, and believe not only in unconditional election, but also unconditional reprobation. Such Love! Such compassion! Such grace! Marvellous. Wonderful.....

If all of God's decrees are eternal, here is one for you. Why does God decree that Hezekiah would die, and then God repents after hearing Hezekiah's prayer, and gives him 15 more years. In fact, why does the Bible say God repents (changes his mind) at all. Or did God decree that He would change His mind. It's stupid human philosophy.

I have nothing against Paul Washer, except his Calvinism and Lordship salvation, which are basically all he ever preaches on. He raises many good points, but his (And yours) false theology requires an impossible solution to the problem.

God bless,
Luke

P.S. Calvinism may as well be a cussword. It's blasphemous and wicked in all it's forms, even if you reject limited atonement.